The location of the ice rink
The perfect location is a decisive factor for the success and the acceptance of the ice rink. A market place or any centrally located square offers good conditions for the desired success.
1. The location must correspond with the operator’s interests. If an advertising association wants to promote a specific part of town (e.g. a shopping street), this aspect is more important that the level character of the ground.
2. It should be as level as possible. If it is too uneven (max +/- 1 cm), the necessary levelness has to be achieved with sand or a platform.
3. The necessary infrastructure must be available, such as toilets, water, electricity.
4. Illumination and music are very important. In winter it gets dark soon and without music it could soon become boring on the ice skating rink. But please note!! Light and sound could annoy the neighbors. So the position of the lights and the speakers must be checked.
5. There must be enough space around the ice rink for the spectators. A grandmother likes to observe her grandchild’s first steps on the ice.
You do not have to worry about this aspect. Our experts will choose the right chiller on the basis of your data (date, start, duration, climate and rink size).
Depending on the size one or two chillers will be used. They are delivered already mounted in 10 or 20 feet containers. You will have to consider the space for them as well. The chillers should ideally be separated by a fence from the public. That way no one can play around with the machines.